Surf the Internet through high-speed wireless networking from your laptop at all branch locations of the Central Arkansas Library System. You can connect at high speed without wires to e-mail, the Internet, and your company network with your computer equipped with wireless networking technology.
Wireless devices may automatically detect the Library's "Hot Spot" and configure themselves to use the system. If your device does not connect right away, try the following:
- Make sure your wireless network adapter has been properly installed according to the manufacturers instructions.
- Use the management software that came with your wireless device to confirm that your configuration settings match the following values.
- Save any modified settings and restart your computer.
Wireless users are responsible for protecting his/her laptop from viruses and other Internet threats through the use of anti-virus software and personal firewall software. The library does not provide this protection for wireless connection.
Name or (SSID) — CALSWireless
Network Mode — Infrastructure
WEP — Disabled
IP or Network Settings — DHCP enabled or obtain an IP address automatically
DNS — Obtain DNS address automatically
Rules for Wireless Use
- Patrons may not: Send, display or receive obscene, harassing, or libelous messages, files, or images.
- Engage in any activity that is obscene or deliberately and maliciously offensive, libelous, or slanderous.
- Use Library computers to gain access to computers or computer systems for which they are not authorized.
- Use any library computer network line for illegal or criminal purposes.
- Violate copyright laws or software licensing agreements.
- Intentionally use techniques or software to harass other users or infiltrate, damage, or alter a computer or computing system.