- Academic Search Elite (Ebscohost) – This database provides fulltext articles from over 2,000 scholarly journals, many peer-reviewed, and covers virtually every area of academic study. *
- African American Experience – A collection that taps a tremendous variety of sources to aid in understanding African American history and its relation to greater U.S. history. *
- African-American Heritage – A resource exclusively devoted to African American family history research. Includes such records as draft cards from World Wars I and II, the Freedman's Bank, and the US Census, as well as help finding other information sources.
- African-American History Online (Facts on File) – Provides information on more than 500 years of African-American history.
- American Indian Experience – An online collection featuring reference content, hundreds of primary documents, and thousands of images, spanning from pre-contact to the colonial era into the 21st century, and from the Inuit of Alaska to the Seminole of Florida. *
The American Physical Society (APS) publishes journals that embody the society’s mission to advance the knowledge of physics. Databases listed in bold are available to CALS patrons inside the library only.
- Focus – selected papers from APS journals explained for students and other researchers.
- Physical Review Letters – brief important papers, all topics in physics.
- Physical Review A – atomic, molecular, and optical physics.
- Physical Review B – condensed matter and materials physics.
- Physical Review C – nuclear physics.
- Physical Review D – particles, fields, gravitation and cosmology.
- Physical Review E – statistical, nonlinear, and soft matter physics.
- Physical Review Special Topics – Accelerators and Beams.
- Physical Review Special Topics – Physics Education Research
- Physics – highlighting significant papers from APS journals.
- Physics Central – educational/informational site about physics, for students and the public.
- PROLA, the Physical Review Online Archive – archive of APS journals back to 1893.
- Reviews of Modern Physics – in-depth articles, all topics in physics.
- Ancestry Library Edition – Includes census, church, court and immigration records, as well as historical maps and many other genealogy resources, from the United States, United Kingdom, Canada and other areas. Available at all CALS libraries.
- AR BookFinder – The complete list of over 100,000 Accelerated Reader titles.
- Arkansas Democrat-Gazette (Newsbank) – Search the full-text of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette from 1994-present.
- Biography in Context – Provides biographical information on more than 500,000 people, using reference materials, magazine articles, audio, and video files, as well as other resources.
- Black Women in America – provides expanded coverage of the achievements and contributions of African American women.
- Bookflix – An online literacy resource that pairs classic video storybooks from Weston Woods with related nonfiction eBooks from Scholastic to build a love of reading and learning. Intended for use by PreK to 3rd grade students.
- Business Source Elite (Ebscohost) – Provides full text articles from more than 1,100 scholarly business journals. *
- ChiltonLibrary (Gale Infotrac) – Includes repair and maintenance information for many popular vehicles.
- Civil War Newspapers – A collection of historical newspapers containing extensive local and national coverage of American culture, politics, and society from the Antebellum through the Reconstruction periods. Available at all CALS libraries.
- Consumer Health Complete (EBSCOhost) – search and browse within medical encyclopedias, popular reference books, and magazine articles for easily understandable health and medical information. *
- Consumer Reports (EBSCOhost) – Find ratings and reviews on products from household goods to electronics to cars with this free access to ConsumerReports.org
- CultureGrams (ProQuest) – Provides concise, reliable, and up-to-date cultural information on the countries of the world and delivers an insider's perspective on daily life and culture, including the history, customs, and lifestyles of the world's people.
- Dear Reader Book News – Users can select from 21 monthly book recommendations newsletters and 50 award lists all with direct links into the CALS catalog. Subscribe via email, RSS feed, or view everything on CALS's BookNews page.
- Dictionary of American Family Names
- Digital Sanborn Maps – The Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps for the state of Arkansas. Covers the years 1867-1970; not all years are available for all locations. (Please call 918-3000 for login and password.)
- Dissertation & Theses – The database represents the work of authors from over 1,000 North American graduate schools and European universities and includes citations for masters and doctoral dissertations from 1637 to those accepted as recently as last semester. Some full text accompanies the abstracts, or copies may be requested through interlibrary loan.
Live Chat with a Reference Librarian
Get live help from librarians via instant messaging with this service. Use the box below to contact us. Once you have initiated a chat session, DO NOT leave the Ask-a-Librarian tab or this page, as that will close your chat session.
Ask-a-Librarian Hours of Service
Monday - Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Friday - Saturday, 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
If you have a question at another time, please contact us by phone, email, or in person. If you leave a message on the chat service when we are offline, please include contact information so we can respond. This service is best used for quick questions and answers. If you have a more in-depth question, please call or visit us.