The Roosevelt Thompson Library offers patrons more than 62,000 books, magazines and audiovisual items. The 13,500-square-feet facility also includes public meeting rooms, a state-of-the-art audiovisual system, activity areas for children, study rooms, a dozen public computers, and wireless Internet access.
People of the Library
Roosevelt Thompson was a Little Rock native and the valedictorian the 1980 Central High School class. He had achieved the highest score ever by an Arkansan on the National Merit Scholarship exam and was preparing to attend Oxford University as the recipient of a Rhodes scholarship. His life ended in a car accident while traveling to Yale University.
News & Announcements
Tax Assistance Available at CALS
Volunteers from Volunteers In Tax Assistance (VITA) will be at the Dee Brown and Nixon Libraries, as well as other locations in and around Little Rock, through April 15 to help qualified patrons file their tax returns. Consultation sessions will be available on a first come, first served basis. No registration is required at CALS branches.
Patrons interested in tax assistance from VITA should bring the following:
- Picture ID for yourself and your spouse
- Social Security Card for yourself and all family members you are claiming
- Dates of Birth for you and all family members claimed on return
- W-2s for all jobs held in the previous year
- Last year’s return & any other tax-related documents
- Form 1099-G if you received unemployment
- Form 1099-INT if you received interest from a bank account
- Documentation of child care expenses (Child Care Agency ID or Social Security Number of provider
- If you are filing with your spouse, please bring your spouse
- A voided check for direct deposit
- Forms 1095-A, B or C( Affordable Health Care Statement)
VITA volunteers will be available at the following locations and times:
DEE BROWN LIBRARY
- 6325 Baseline Rd., Little Rock
- Saturday, February 20 – 10am-2pm
- Saturday, February 27 – 10am-2pm
- Saturday, March 5 – 10am-2pm
- Saturday, March 19 – 10am-2pm
- Saturday, March 26 – 10am-2pm
- Saturday, April 2 – 10am-2pm
- Walk-ins welcome
- 703 W. Main Street, Jacksonville
- Thursday, February 4 – 3:30-7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 6 – 9:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Thursday, February 11 – 4:00-7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 20 – 9:30 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
- Saturday, February 27 – 9:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Saturday, March 5 – 9:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 10 – 4:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 19 – 9:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Saturday, March 26 – 9:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Saturday, April 2 – 9:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday, April 7 – 3:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Walk-ins welcome